Join The Glimmerglass Festival team
The Glimmerglass Festival employs more than 350 people in the course of a single season. The core of the company is about 20 full-time, year-round staff members, amplified by seasonal staff and interns leading up to and including the summer Festival.
Check back as new listings may be posted. All listings will remain posted until filled.
Manager of Artistic Operations
The Glimmerglass Festival seeks a full-time, year-round Manager of Artistic Operations to serve as the point of contact for all activities related to guest artists, music staff, Young Artists Program (YAP) participants, and The Glimmerglass Festival Orchestra and Chorus.
- Assist with creation and tracking of Artistic Department Budgets
- Process payments and reimbursements for artistic department contracts
- Coordinate auditions for all artists (Guest Artists, Young Artists Program, Chorus and Orchestra)
- Develop contracts and associated paperwork (visas and permits) for all artists
- Coordinate travel arrangements and process all travel reimbursements in conjunction with Housing and Transportation Department
- Collaborate with the Director of YAP to train/supervise all of the YAP Staff (Artistic Administration Intern, Residence Manager and YAP interns)
- Hire, train and supervise seasonal Artistic Staff & Interns (Music Administrator, Music Interns)
- Create and facilitate Music Staff contracts with direction of Director of Administration
- Coordinate distribution of rehearsal and performance material for Music Staff
- Coordinate rehearsal venues
- Company liaison for Glimmerglass Orchestra matters
- Point of contract for the American Federation of Music Union Steward.
- Work with Union Steward and Orchestra Committee Chair to ensure enforcement of Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)
- Communicate with Personnel Manager (PM) regarding orchestrations, performance dates, rehearsal schedule, orchestral budgeting
- Work with the Glimmerglass Librarian to facilitate conversations with conductors regarding orchestration and the distribution of orchestral material
- Maintain resource library and company archival recordings
- Coordinate the acquisition, rental agreements, usage, maintenance, and return of all instruments
- Provide artistic support for any events (contract artists, communicate with venue, oversee musical components)
- Ensure that all musical performances are in compliance with copyright laws
- Bachelor’s degree required
- This position is full-time, year-round and relocation to Cooperstown is required.
- Minimum of five years of administrative experience in opera or the performing arts preferable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of opera repertoire and theatrical production
- Experience managing budgets, executing contracts and creating schedules
- Familiarity/experience with singers, musicians and administering/negotiating Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Demonstrated supervisory skills
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task, and strong organizational skills
Cover letters, resumes and professional references should be submitted to Artistic_Operations_search@glimmerglass.org.
Costume Stitcher – The Glimmerglass Festival invites applications for 2015 repertory season of four new productions. Work as part of construction teams creating and altering a wide range of costumes. Employment from mid-late May through mid-July; housing provided; own car recommended but not required. Theatrical sewing skills and academic shop experience is required. Professional experience preferred. Click here to submit cover letter, resume and references as one PDF. Portfolio also must be submitted for consideration.
Videographer (seasonal in-house, entry-level position) - The Videographer will create video and audio projects for promotional, archival and educational purposes both on-and off-line with company-owned equipment. Video may range from archival and documentary to commercial-style. Responsibilities include video-taping, editing and creatively producing finished video products. Requires knowledge of Final Cut Pro and exporting for the web and DVD; requires a high degree of professionalism, strong independent work-ethic, excellent communication skills, punctuality and a positive attitude. Driver’s license with clean driving record required. Must be available mid-June through August 23. Housing available. Click here to submit cover letter, resume with three references, and a link to a portfolio.
Updated April 2, 2015