Join The Glimmerglass Festival team
The Glimmerglass Festival employs more than 350 people in the course of a single season. The core of the company is about 20 full-time, year-round staff members, amplified by seasonal staff and interns leading up to and including the summer Festival.
Box Office Supervisor – Early May – August 27. The Box Office Supervisor will fulfill basic box office duties essential to the summer festival. Responsible for ticket sales, patron services, and preparation of income reports. Will also be in charge of VIP ticketing requests and supervising interns. Must have excellent attention to detail and customer service skills. Requires excellent phone and personal manner, and must be computer literate. Please submit cover letter, resume and references as one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Costume Stitcher 6 positions. May – July (Dates Vary) – The Glimmerglass Festival invites applications for 2016 repertory season of four new productions. Work as part of construction teams creating and altering a wide range of costumes. Housing provided; own car recommended but not required. Theatrical sewing skills and academic shop experience is required. Professional experience preferred. Please submit cover letter, resume and references as one PDF file to email@example.com. Portfolio must also be submitted. Deadline to apply: March 4, 2016.
First Hand 4 positions. May – July (Dates Vary) – The Glimmerglass Festival invites applications for 2016 repertory season of four new productions. Work as part of construction teams creating and altering a wide range of costumes. Professional experience strongly preferred for first hands. Housing provided; own car recommended but not required. Please submit cover letter, resume and references as one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Portfolio must also be submitted. Deadline to apply: March 4, 2016.
Wardrobe Manager - The Glimmerglass Festival invites applications for its 2016 repertory season of four new mainstage productions and two second stage productions. The Wardrobe Manager will hire and supervise a crew consisting of Assistant Wardrobe Manager, Staff, and Interns. Other responsibilities include providing costume maintenance; supervising and running of all productions; assisting in costume shop as needed; and overseeing wardrobe budget. The ability to work efficiently and pleasantly with demanding artists is essential. Management experience is required. Employment from June 6 through September 3; housing provided; own car recommended. Please submit cover letter, resume and references as one PDF file to email@example.com. Deadline to apply: March 4, 2016.
Young Artists Program Residence Manager – The Glimmerglass Festival invites applications for the 2016 repertory season. The Residence Manager manages the Young Artists Program residences, coaching venues, and schedules. The residence manager, in collaboration with residence manager interns, provides transportation to rehearsals and performances, and acts as a liaison between the Young Artists and the Manager of Artistic Operations. Other responsibilities include supervising two interns and processing accounting paperwork. Successful candidates will have a sound sense of judgment, strong organizational skills, stay calm under pressure, and have an ability to work on multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment. Strong editing skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite are a must. Employment from May 19 through August 31, 2016; housing provided; a valid driver’s license and clean record are required. Access to a vehicle is required. Please submit cover letter, resume, and references as one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply: February 1, 2016.
Videographer (seasonal in-house, entry-level position) - The Videographer will create video and audio projects for promotional, archival and educational purposes both on-and off-line with company-owned equipment. Video may range from archival and documentary to commercial-style. Responsibilities include video-taping, editing and creatively producing finished video products. Requires knowledge of Final Cut Pro and exporting for the web and DVD; requires a high degree of professionalism, strong independent work-ethic, excellent communication skills, punctuality and a positive attitude. Driver’s license with clean driving record required. Must be available mid-June through August 27. Housing provided. Please submit cover letter, resume (including link to portfolio) and references as one PDF file to email@example.com.
Group Sales & Box Office Assistant
Reports to: Box Office Manager
Area of Responsibility: Group Sales, Customer Service, Box Office
Glimmerglass Festival has an exciting opportunity for an arts administrator with a strong customer service orientation to join its team as Group Sales & Box Office Assistant. Reporting to the Box Office Manager, the position will oversee group sales, assist in increasing renewal and commitment from subscribers using direct response and innovative techniques, and fulfilling basic Box Office duties essential to the company. Components of the opportunity include database analysis, direct mail, web and phone solicitations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and foster relationships with new and current group sales.
- Research advantageous opportunities in the tourism and group sales market.
- Process requests for tickets from in-house sources as well as the public.
- Assist Box Office Manager with daily financial reporting and reconciliation of Box Office.
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Secondary Activities and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate exchanges for special requests as deemed appropriate by Box Office Manager.
- Generate mailing lists from ticketing software.
- Preparing reports for Box Office Manager, senior staff, and finance departments.
- Supervising Box Office interns when Manager is not present.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Work Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or 2 years relevant experience.
- Motivated, pro-active, self-directed, results-oriented.
- Strong organizational, administrative and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Consistent follow-through capabilities.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Ability to coordinate events with multiple departments.
- Ability to quickly and creatively adapt to unforeseen situations.
- Capable of being physically active for long periods and lifting heavy objects.
- Proficiency in computer software programs, particularly Microsoft Office; familiarity with PatronManager a big plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-dependent environment.
- Knowledge of opera and musical theater desirable.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resumes and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated February 4, 2016