Join The Glimmerglass Festival team
The Glimmerglass Festival employs more than 350 people in the course of a single season. The core of the company is about 20 full-time, year-round staff members, amplified by seasonal staff and interns leading up to and including the summer Festival. Check back for available positions.
Updated: February 1, 2019
Seasonal; Salaried Position
Duration: May 1 through August 31, 2019
Malton Place is a housing complex one mile north of the Glimmerglass Festival campus where 67 interns and seasonal staff members reside while working for the Company. The Residence Manager is responsible for basic supervision of Malton Place, and reports directly to the Director of Housing & Transportation. Housing is provided.
- Ensure all residents are provided a safe and accepting environment
- Communicate and enforce Malton Place house rules and company policies
- Moderate “Malton Place” segment during Company orientations
- Drive residents without personal transportation to local grocery store/laundromat weekly
- Schedule daily shuttles between Malton Place and Glimmerglass Campus
- Assist in supervision of Company Management interns and oversee intern schedule
- Inspect Malton rooms prior to occupants’ arrival, and re-inspect after departure
- Handle room lockouts, and furniture/small equipment checkout
- Prepare work orders to resolve any mechanical or repair issues at Malton
- Assist with local and ground transportation for seasonal employees, as needed
- All other duties assigned
- Experience in Company Management or Residential Life preferred
- Ability to work effectively in fast-paced environment with a diverse group of individuals
- Strong organizational, communication and leadership skills
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
Please submit cover letter, resume and references as one PDF file to Merritt Schifano, Director of Housing & Transportation, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply: February 15, 2019.
The Glimmerglass Festival seeks a Properties Artisan for its 2019 summer season (Show Boat, La traviata, The Ghosts of Versailles and the world premiere of Blue). Contract dates are May 6 through July 21, 2019. Applicants must have strong skills in at least one of the following areas: carpentry, metal fabrication, crafts or gadgetry. Aptitude in more than one area is preferred. Experience with professional designers and directors in artistically demanding circumstances is required. Commitment to safe work habits and shop practices is essential. Properties artisans receive $12.85/hour, overtime and company-provided housing. Please submit cover letter, resume and references as one PDF file to email@example.com. Portf
The Glimmerglass Festival seeks Crafts Artisans for its 2019 summer season (La Traviata, Show Boat, The Ghosts of Versailles and the world premiere of Blue). Contract dates vary but are generally mid-May through mid-July 2019. The Crafts Artisan will cut, stitch, paint, dye, and construct projects, as well as assist in the supervision of Intern Artisans.
- Report to the Crafts Manager/Asst. Crafts Manager/Assistant Costume Director
- Assist in the setup and breakdown of the Craft areas
- Millinery construction and modification
- Jewelry construction and modification
- Shoe/boot modification
- Fabric/Garment aging and distressing
- Assist in pulling/restocking/organizing items in Costume Storage
- Possible assistance in Costume Shop as needed
Please note that this is a general guideline of what is expect of a Staff Crafts Artisan and you may be asked to perform other duties in the Costume Department as well.
Crafts Artisans receive $12.15/hour, overtime and company-provided housing. Please submit cover letter, resume and references as one PDF file to Deborah Shippee, Costume Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your last name and the job title in both the PDF file name and the email subject line.
The Glimmerglass Festival seeks a Safety Coordinator for its 2019 season, contract dates April 22 – September 1. This position ensures a safe working environment for approximately 350 employees as they produce four mainstage productions and a variety of festival programming around our campus near Cooperstown, NY.
- Re-stock first aid kits weekly, order supplies as needed
- Provide transportation to hospital and doctor appointments as available
- Maintain organization of safety closet
- Create and maintain confidential database of staff medical information
- Schedule and handle all corresponding details for fit testings, hazardous communications class, and first aid training.
- Distribute and regularly communicate Emergency Procedures
- Complete incident reports/procedure
- Takes proactive precautions against weather/heat threats
- Arrange for disposal of hazardous waste as needed
- Maintain hospital and doctor information
- Proactively provide PPE
- Address minor safety concerns, report all others to Production Coordinator
- Help campus comply with OSHA regulations including SDS and picture signs
- Complete OSHA 300 Form
The Safety Coordinator receives $12.90/hour, overtime and company-provided housing. Please submit cover letter, resume and references as one PDF file to email@example.com. Include your last name and the job title in both the email subject and the PDF file name.
The Glimmerglass Festival invites applications for the 2019 repertory season which includes four mainstage productions and several other auxiliary events integral to Festival programming. The Music Operations Manager ensures company adherence with all AFM work rules, maintains a safe, clean and organized work environment, coordinates and oversees all orchestra-related logistics and activities including rehearsal and pit set-up, procurement of approved auxiliary instruments in consultation with artistic staff, coordinates instrument delivery and maintenance and performs other duties as assigned. The Manager also supervises two interns. This position works closely with the Artistic and Production departments to confirm needs and execute plans and reports directly to the Artistic department. Successful candidates will be self-motivated, detail-oriented and unshakable in high-pressure situations. Knowledge of orchestral instruments and previous experience working with orchestral musicians is a plus. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel a must. Employment from May 15 – August 30, 2019, housing provided; a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record and access to a vehicle are required. Please submit cover letter, resume and two references in one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org –
The Glimmerglass Festival seeks Wardrobe Staff for its 2019 summer season (Show Boat, La traviata, The Ghosts of Versailles and the world premiere of Blue). Assist in maintaining large repertory costume inventory, dressing principals and chorus and backstage quick changes. Theatrical sewing skills and professional experience in artistically demanding circumstances are required. Commitment to safe work habits and a congenial and artist-oriented personality are essential. Wardrobe staff receive $11.10/hour, overtime after 40 hours/week and company-provided housing. Contract dates are June 3 through September 1, 2019. Please submit cover letter, resume and references as one PDF file to email@example.com. Please include your last name and the job title in both the email subject and the PDF file name.