Glimmerglass COVID-19 Quick Facts + FAQs
- The Glimmerglass Festival will not host any live performances in summer 2020 due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Glimmerglass Festival Board of Trustees voted to cancel any live performances at the theater in Cooperstown during summer 2020 for the health and safety of the company and the community.
- New York State Governor Andrew M. Cuomo’s current phased plan to re-open the state does not permit attractions that draw a large number of visitors from outside the local area.
- The Festival will focus its efforts on its education programs and will take its Town Hall series virtual, combining story and song around discussions of current social issues.
- The virtual Town Hall series will begin with A Live Conversation with Artistic & General Director Francesca Zambello and Music Director Joseph Colaneri. More information will be announced in the coming weeks.
- Ticket buyers to the 2020 Festival can donate the value of their tickets back to the company, which will be used toward the Festival’s ongoing education initiatives and supporting 2020 company members, or receive a refund for the value of their tickets. The Glimmerglass Festival Board of Trustees, joined by Artistic & General Director Francesca Zambello and Faith Gay, have generously made a commitment to match the value of all tickets donated up to $500,000, making donations twice as valuable and helping to ensure the Festival’s future during this exceptional time.
- The 2021 season will be announced in the fall. To receive announcements regarding the 2021 season and more, make sure you are signed up for our e-newsletter.
For the full news release, click here.
For Artistic & General Director Francesca Zambello’s letter, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions can be found on the next tab.